If you venture to the north side of the property you will find a unique, quaint structure called Fish Camp. Fish Camp is home base for our extensive fishing program.
Central to the Fish Camp is an expansive deck, retail shop, lighted dock and fishing pier. The dock and pier are situated on an eight and a half acre bass lake. It is one of 17 fully stocked lakes and ponds that can be found at Houston Oaks. What we like to call the Fish Camp is a wonderfully secluded quiet piece of country where members can fish or just enjoy time away from the hectic city life. When a part of our Fishing Club you get to enjoy full access to all lakes, guided fishing trips around property as well as the ability to rent or buy all your gear necessities.
Lakes on property
Currently, due to the construction of the new course, not all lakes are fish-able at this time. You are more than welcome to fish in the following lakes: Clubhouse Lake, Park House Lake, Watson Lake, Havens Lake, Fares Lake, Winter Lake, Foyt Lake, Muller Lake, Nelson Lake, Fish Camp Lake and Gun Club Lake. When fishing at Gun Club Lake please speak with Phil Bankston, Shooting Supervisor before fishing due to the Adventure Deck shooting over the Gun Club Lake. To view our lakes, view the property map below.
Types of Fish at Houston Oaks
Here at The Clubs at Houston Oaks our lakes are stocked with Redear Sunfish, Channel Cat Fish, Hybrid-Striped Bass, Bluegill Sunfish, Florida Largemouth Bass, Tilapia and Crappie. To catch these types of fish you can use traditional rods and reels and fly rods.
Rules for Fishing
1. Fishing at Houston Oaks is for the exclusive enjoyment of Club Members and their Guests. Members and Guests must inform the attendant at the Guardhouse (936-372-4327) prior to fishing upon every visit. This is for safety and liability reasons.
2. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times while fishing.
3. Children less than 12 years of age must be accompanied and supervised by an adult while fishing.
4. All occupants must wear a USCG approved flotation device while using any type of watercraft.
5. The Clubs at Houston Oaks is a catch and release facility.
6. Anglers must use barbless hooks only!
7. To fish from any lake on the Houston Oaks Course you must be accompanied by a Houston Oaks Fishing Guide.
Book a Fishing Guide Fees & Services Property Map